Products Tuam County Galway
established family run business
in 1958 by William Stapleton. William had come to Tuam in 1916 and
was instrumental in bringing electrical power to the area by
setting up what was known as a powerhouse in the back garden
of his house at Dublin Road. He worked with the ESB until his
retirement in 1958, when he started his own electrical store
in Vicar Street.
Stapleton moved the business to its current location in 1964. The
business is currently managed by John Stapleton, grandson of the
The premises has been extended in recent years and it now part of
the Expert Group.